Vinny Fabs High-Output Inductive Coils each deliver over 100mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 40,000 Volts—as much as most CDI systems, without the need for a CDI module! They also provide very long spark duration at full energy, unlike CDI systems and multiple spark systems which fire off small spark events prior to and after their CDI burst to mimic longer spark duration.
- IGN-1A High Output Coils deliver a powerful, long duration spark and are ideal for us in high-boost or high compression engines.
- This coil is a specially designed inductive style, high energy coil IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) referred to as a smart coil, as it is designed with the igniter on the coil. (TTL Transistor to Transistor Logic computer systems)
- This coil has the potential of a Massive Spark Energy, (<250mJ, 8mS dwell @ 14 bolt) equal to and typical of the Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) ignition systems, and delivers a very long spark duration that can only be achieved by using inductive coils.
- This Massive Spark Energy <250mJ, and very high voltage, >81kV with incredibly long spark duration of <3.2mS is CRITICAL to maximizing power in high boost or high compression engines and when using the OE comuter or IGN-1A high performance TTL programmable fuel and ignition systems.
- These coils are flawlessly being used on 3,000 hp nitrous engines without CDI. This is World Class performance!
- The heavy duty construction is suited to operate in harsh environments and will handle substantial shock, vibration, and is weatherproof. This coil can be mounted virtually anywhere, including on the engine's valve cover. (i.e. GM LS1)
- Output Voltage: up to 81kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: up to 250mJ +/- 7% (8mS dwell @ 14 volts)
- Peak Secondary Current: 100mA +/- 7%
- Arc Duration: 3.2mS +/- 10% @ 3.0mS dwell target
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9mS not to exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 88% duty cycle for 9 sec max
Kit includes 4x 1a ign coils and mounting hardware. No loom or leads