Funk Motorsport are known for industry leading turbo blankets! Improve performance, protection and reliability with Funk Motorsport durable Funk Motorsport Borg Warner EFR 9180 Turbo blanket.
Industry leading construction.
Reduce temperatures by up to 90%.
Available in two blanket finishes.
Improve gas flow and increase performance with Funk Motorsport Borg Warner EFR 9180 turbo blanket. Funk Motorsport Borg Warner turbo jackets work to insulate the hot side of the turbo and retain the heat within the exhaust gases themselves. Hotter gases accelerate faster leading to them leaving the system sooner improving spool up and throttle response. Insulating the hot side of your turbo also helps to lower the amount of heat from the turbo that dissipates into the engine bay and intake pipework. A cooler intake results in higher performance and more consistent power figures over time.
A turbo is an absolute furnace within the engine bay. Excess heat produced by the turbo can cause devastation to surrounding sensitive components. Protect anything from oil lines, coolant lines and even bodywork positioned close to the turbo from the dangers of excess heat.
Insulate your Borg Warner EFR 9180 turbo to reduce excess heat within your engine bay. Reducing the overall temperature of the engine bay will improve the reliability of electronics, and also help improve the temperature of coolant, fuel and oil lines. From a reliability standpoint, the benefits of a turbo blanket are endless.
While Funk Motorsport are on the topic of reliability, what makes a Funk Motorsport turbo blanket the most reliable and durable turbo blanket on the market?
– Specifically developed thread construction to allow for exceptional durability when removal is necessary for routine turbo maintenance. Funk Motorsport new fireproof ultra-high temperature Stainless Steel thread is around 1mm in diameter and can now remain highly durable with temperatures in excess of 1300°C.
– New, thicker internal heat lagging insulation to provide up to 3x improved heat reduction. This insulation wool is created from a ceramic silica complex matting to improve durability over prolonged heat cycles, as well as insulation quantities.
– 4-layer construction for improved reliability.
– Uprated external Carbon Fibre twill and Titanium twill for an improved aesthetic and more durable finish.
– ROHS tested and approved to ensure compliance and desired parameters are reached within Funk Motorsport material selection.
You’re in safe hands with a Funk Motorsport Mk3. Turbo Blanket.
Note of caution: This turbo blanket is not flammable. However, if any flammable fluids are introduced into close proximity of the blanket, the blanket could become a suitable ignition source for a flame to be produced. Please ensure that all necessary precautions are taken in regards to the appropriate maintenance of all oil and fuel lines and fittings surrounding the turbo charger and fuel injection system. Funk Motorsport take no responsibility for fluid contamination our products.
Withstands temperatures of up to 1300 degrees C while offering temperature reductions of up to 90%.
Please note: Heat blankets will smoke on initial heat cycles. This is normal. Smoke will disappear after initial heat cycles. Please ensure you read the turbo blanket product guide provided before application.